When a person says things like, God must have a reason for this tragedy, or He’s got a plan for me (spoken in the midst of all sorts of trouble) I want you to be ready to point out something about God, his no’s.
The trouble stems from a misapplication of ……..Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
They believe that God causes tragedy in order to fulfill His purpose. I think we blame God too much. When we blame Him, it seems we are accusing Him of unfairness, or some prejudice. Does it seem fair to you when one person loses a child and another doesn’t? If you begin to think that God is unfair, or unjust, I want you to turn to this passage……..
2Ch 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who is with you in the judgment. (7) Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts. (Bribes) <righteous De 10:17-18> <respect of persons Job 34:19; Eph 6:9; Col 3:25>
Let’s go back to Rom 8:28, what does it say?
- All things work together for good –salvation, see the rest.
- to them that love God – If you love me, keep my commandments (Joh 14:15; Heb 5:9)
- to them who are the called –
- God calls us through the gospel – 2Th 2:14
- The gospel of Christ concerning His death, burial and resurrection – 1Co 15:1-4
- This gospel contains commands that must be obeyed – cf. 2 Th 1:8; 1Pe 4:17
- The command to believe in Jesus – Jn 8:24
- The command to repent of sins – Ac 17:30-31
- The command to confess Jesus as Lord – Ro 10:9-10
- The command to be baptized – Mt 28:19; Mk 16:15-16; Ac 2:38; 22:16
- According to His purpose – Mrk 1:38 purpose to preach; to be sacrificed Joh 12:27; to destroy the work of Satan 1Jo 3:8; 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
God wants all of us to be saved. He wants us to go to heaven. He wants us to be reconciled to Him.
When you’re facing trouble, feeling low, thinking that life is just too hard and unfair…….Remember this about God…..
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth
and without iniquity, just and right is he. De 32:4