Here’s a question almost nobody asks; Is the Lord pleased with so many varied churches teaching contradicting and erroneous doctrines? The answer is self evident.
We ought to seek to RESTORE the New Testament church that Christ built in the first century.
“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matt 16:18
How to continually RESTORE the New Testament church.
- RECOGNIZE there are different ones and it is not pleasing to the Lord.
- Gal 1:6-10
- EXPECT that it can be done. 1Tim 3; Titus 1; Matt 16:18
- SEED of the SCRIPTURE is the STANDARD by which we restore. Mark 4:13-20
- TRUE JESUS vs fake Jesus. 2Cor 11:4 “For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.”
- ORIGINAL identifying marks of doctrine, organization, and function.
- 1John 1:9
- RETURN, Restore, Repent. 1Cor 1-5 This was the problem with the church at Corinth. They had become divisive over several issues. “For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.”
- ESTABLISHED, organized, met. Acts 2:38-47
- 1Cor 11:17-34; 16:1-2; Acts 20:7
- They worshipped (Sing Acapella, Prayer, Giving, Teaching, & observing the Lord’s death)
- They worked together in local congregations (cf. Rom 16:16)
- Organized with Elders, Deacons, & Saints. (Phil 1:1; 1Tim 3; Titus 1)
- The work of these local congregations (congruently with all local congregations) is all about saints…
- Making Saints. (Matt 28:19)
- Teaching Saints. (Matt 28:20)
- Helping needy Saints. (Acts 11:29)