7 conditions for our PRAYERS to go unanswered:
1) PHONY worship. Isa 1:15; Mal 1:6-9; Mark 7:6-7
“And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.”
2) REBELLIOUS / disobedient John 9:31; Pr 1:28; Jer 11:11; 14:12; Eze 8:18; Mic 3:4;
“Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”
3) ABOMINABLE prayers if we turn from hearing. Prov 28:9; 15:8
“He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.”
4) YOU HUSBANDS not giving honor to his wife. 1Pet 3:7
“Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.”
5) EVIL people. Prov 15:29
“The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.”
6) REGARDING iniquity in your heart. (Ecumenical?) Psalm 66:18; Jas 4:3
“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:”
7) SINNERS. Isa 59:2; 1John 5:18
“But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.”
We do not receive because we ask AMISS.
WHY GOD MIGHT SAY NO.
- AGAINST HIS WILL. unauthorized
- 1John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 1John 3:22 because you keep commands.
- MAGNIFY yourself. Mat 23:5;
- Mt 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
- Cf Moses and speaking / smiting the rock.
- Num 20:12
- LORD WILLING as a doubt
- 1Tim 2:8 without wrath and doubting.
- Mark 11:24 believe that ye receive them
- WAVERED; Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
- Cr Lord willing as if God CAN DO MORE. 1King 3:13; Eph 3:20, Rom 8:26
- SELFISHNESS. to consume on own lusts.
- Jas 4:3 that ye may consume it
- SIN. John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
- Job 27:9; 35:12; Ps 18:41; 34:15; 66:18; Pr 1:28; 15:29; 28:9; Isa 1:15; Jer 11:11; 14:12; Eze 8:18; Mic 3:4; Zec 7:13; Joh 21:25