There’s a trend among clergy, and accepted by many believers, that the average person cannot themselves understand the Bible.
However, the bible tells a completely different stor.
We can LEARN the truth.
- We can learn to LIVE by every word from God.
- Matt 4:4; Rom. 16:17; Eph 6:13-17
- EVERY scripture is inspired by God and makes one wise, & profitable.
- 2Tim 3:15-17
- God is ABLE to teach through the APOSTLES word.
- Eph 3:20-21; John 17:20-21; 14:26; 16:13
- When we READ we can Believe, understand, Know, and be set free.
- Eph 3:3-4; John 20:30-31; John 8:32; Acts 17:11
- NO PRIVATE inspired interpretations.
- 2Pet 1:20; Jas 1:5; 1Cor 1:10
- It is the scriptures that make one wise. Prov 1:1,2; 2Cor 3:15
When anyone will take the time to read, study, and search the scriptures, they can learn the truth. If you will read, then when you ask someone for help in understanding, they may leverage your reading (cf. Acts 8:30-35). However, you must prove it to be true. How, you ask? By checking it against the scriptures. “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good” (1Thess 5:21; cf. 1John 4:1).
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32).
“These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so” (Acts 17:11).