WORSHIP on the Lord’s Day is on the 1st day of the week when the saints gather together.
2 Types of worship.
- Daily Glorification of God in our godliness. Cr. Acts 16:25
- 1st Day of the week with 3 unique things.
- Lord’s Supper. 1Cor 11:17-33; Acts 20:7
- Contribution. 1Cor 16:1-2
- Gathered Together in one place. 1Cor 11:17,18,20,33
ONE Another is together. 1Cor 11:17-33; Acts 20:7; Heb 10:25; Eph 5:19; Col 3:16
REQUIRED of God. John 4:24, Heb 10:24-25 (with exception to CRISIS)
- Control is not yours. Paul in custody Acts 27
- Real, not made up. ‘my ox fell in the ditch.’ Who pushed it in?
- Lu 14:5 And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
- Ex 23:5; De 22:4; Lu 13:15
- Illness, Lev 13:46 outside of the camp.
- Storms & other dangerous events
- Infectious, Lepers.
- Lev 13:45-46 face covered.
- Sometimes, not habitual or customary
- Heb 10:25 manner of some
SUPPER of the Lord has 2 elements [Exo 12; Luke 22:14-21 & a few conditions [tarry for one another 1Cor 11:33]. 1st Day, together, Spirit & Truth.
- How do you forsake assembling of ourselves together if it’s incidental? Heb 10:25
- How do we sing to one another? Eph 5:19, Col 3:16
- How do we tarry for one another? 1Cor 10:33
HAVE no fear, some say. Does being fearless also include being reckless? Consider Paul who was not afraid to die, but avoided death on a few occasions. [Acts 9:23-25, 21:13; 23:11-22]
- “God’s in Control” & “If it’s my time to die…”
- Then play with rattlesnakes in the freeway.
- “don’t tempt God.” EXACTLY! Don’t tempt God by being reckless. If you wish to be reckless, do it for yourself!
INDIVIDUALLY together. We come together, but God examines each heart individually. cf. Rev 3:4; Heb 4:12
PLEASING to God has to first be authorized. Gal 1:10; Mark 7:7; Phil 3:19; Col 2:23. 2Sam 7:1-7
It’s not necessarily Pleasing to God when it just feels good in our heart.
CLOSE; 1Cor 1:10 Paul Pleading with a divided church.
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Watch video here.